Patient Comments: Mercury Poisoning - Experience

Question:

Please describe your experience with mercury poisoning. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: JenZ, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

I have experienced low back pain the past 4 times I have had dental work involving my mercury fillings. I had fillings removed by a holistic dentist which caused me moderate back pain. I just had a cracked mercury filling removed by a conventional dentist and my back pain was so debilitating and painful, I went to urgent care and was prescribed a muscle relaxer. This is not in my head, yet every doctor does not recognize the connection.

Comment from: Survivor, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 10

I was poisoned with mercury in an attempted murder 2 years ago. It took 1.5 years to identify the fact of poisoning. The effect of the poisoning was devastating for me. I survived but became disabled. My cardiovascular and central nervous systems were severely damaged. My sight and hearing have deteriorated badly. Mentally ability and physical stamina dropped up to 5 or 7 times below. Even the basic involuntary reflexes have been upset. During the worst period of poisoning I experienced the on/off loss of contact with reality slowly sliding into vegetable state. After 1 year of intensive treatment I am still unable to work.

Comment from: Mercurialism Altism, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: March 19

My mercury poisoning came from what seemed like an insignificant accident, by a technician in our lab (breaking a McLeod vacuum gauge TD1), spilling mercury on the bench, floor and pathway. Leaving it unattended (for 1 year), contaminating the building and all personnel that came in contact with its toxic vapors till it was discovered one year later. Then having those in charge downplaying the facts not complying with the documented order of their responsibilities. Just outright deception. After all I accomplished to bring this insidious mercury hazard to all concerned, leaving us to continue working in this environment till I retired 8 years later. I was left with multiple chronic health problems. From mercurialism to adult autism. It has been 30 years of misery for me, and distress to my wife. Shortly after our retirement, the building was demolished and mercury contamination was again recorded. As per the government website, ‘the manometers are easily broken, releasing mercury and mercury vapors. The mercury in a manometer is very toxic if released into the environment and can cause serious health problems for humans and wildlife'. Why didn't they understand that then!

Comment from: Vonnie, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 03

I have Parkinson's. As a child in school I played with mercury. Could there be a connection? Also I had lots of amalgam fillings. I have had success with exercise in fighting the PD.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 26

I was almost bedridden and disabled due to 29 symptoms of mercury poisoning. I had my amalgam fillings removed and was normal again. Every time I try to detox and remove the mercury from my body it stirs it up, but not to the point that it was before. Never let anyone put silver amalgam fillings in your mouth. I had them 30-plus years before it got to the point of being almost totally disabled and I was almost immediately better after they were removed. No one can tell me they aren't harmful.

IMAGES

Mercury Poisoning See brain scan pictures of Alzheimer's and types of dementia See Images

From WebMD Logo

Featured Centers
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter

By clicking Submit, I agree to the MedicineNet's Terms & Conditions & Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of MedicineNet's subscriptions at any time.

CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR RELATED SLIDESHOW